I get so confused with all the What’s In and What’s Out lists for Fall! Can you give me the bottom line on what to look forward to this season?
Personally, I love when fashion rags spout their versions of yays and nays. They’re inspiring and fun. But unless you follow the industry, they’re also cryptic (What corner of the design universe did balloon sleeves come from?) and slightly discouraging. (â€œI can’t wear my favorite wooden beaded necklace – it’s so last season!â€?) Please remember: they are not the Ten Commandments! Keep this in mind as you read the following ideas, based on my own synopsis of the reviews of the Fall shows and tips from Kenneth Downing, Fashion Director at Neiman Marcus.
1. Bubble shaped coats and sweaters worn over slim pants or leggings.
2. Shirts with puffy sleeves
4. The combination of black and gold – for accessories and clothing
5. Big gold jewelry
7. Tiny splashes of bright colors (preferably red) peeking out from greys and blacks
8. Nothing too sweet or innocent looking
10. Bubble hems, balanced with something slim on top
12. Jackets with Short sleeves
Fall’s look seems to be dark and somber, but I love the notion that you can spark things up with gold, other metallics, and punches of bright colors. Happy Shopping!
C&C California Long Sleeve Tee from shopbop.com
Marc by Marc Jacobs Grosgrain Boot from barneyscoop.com
Mila and Carmen in Jovovich-Hawk from Vogue.com
Mended Veil Black Beaded Necklace from Hejfina.com
Alexander Herchcovitch plum silk chiffon pleated blouse with kimono sleeves from Hejfina.com
If you would like to submit a question, please send your email to: email@example.com.
Replys will be posted weekly in Retail Therapy.