It’s Not the Same Old Platform
Following at the heels of the binary oppositions that define the fall season (think small tops/heavy bottoms or vice versa) footwear is similarly divided: it’s either the ballerina or the heel. Personally, I fall on the side of the well-stacked heel and this season the pun may, in fact, be intended. Perhaps a yin to the yang of the strong shapes of layers and elongated legs, footwear has turned in a decidedly edited and refined direction complete with the shapes and simple materials used to craft the fall 2006 platforms. Think patent leather and other animal skins or synthetics and natural details like wood and cork.
1. Emilio Pucci patent leather platform Mary Jane $513.95. www.zappos.com
2. Lanvin Stacked heel two-tone platform in satin and leather $895.00. www.barneys.com.
3. Mossimo slingbacks $22.99. www.target.com (order now, won’t come for another 2 weeks!)
4. Laurence Decade’s Karung peep-toe platform pump $675. www.vivre.com
5. Fendi Platform Shoe Boots $515. www.saks.com.
6. Guiseppe Zanotti platform pump $550. www.bergdorfgoodman.com
7. Isabella Fiore Surge snakeskin pump on sale for $189.99. www.bluefly.com