Northerly Island transformed into Fantasy Island on Saturday as Chicago Gateway Green hosted its annual Green Tie Ball to benefit the continued beautification of our lovely city. Chicago’s finest restaurants provided a menagerie of tastes amidst a sea of mermaids, palm trees, and performers.
Our fantasies were most definitely fulfilled as we delighted our senses with the amazing sights, sounds, and tastes offered throughout the evening. In spite of the overwhelming temptation to give in to the lascivious theme, we managed to stay focused on our objective: finding fantastic fashion. And we did.
1. Gail Freeman contributed to the beautification of the ball in her floral dress by Carolina Herrera.
2. Brooke Ariens, wearing faux fur by Sheri Bodel, reminded us of the beateous combination that is red and leopard print.
3. Jaime Lewis took the bubble-hem trend to a new level in her dress by Paco Raban.
4. Jana Rhodes (wearing Max & Cleo), Julie Bruhn (doesn’t know designer), Anna Lockhart (wearing Anne Klein), and Erin Vozar (doesn’t know designer) really brightened the evening in their colorful dresses.
5. Andrea Kartley stood out from the crowd in a paisely print dress by Single.
6. Melanie Nicole Clark and friend Regine Rosseau wore one-of-a-kind dresses designed by Melanie herself.
7. Hillary Cartman took her 1950s-inspired shirtdress by BCBG out of the kitchen and into the ballroom.
8. Second City Style Reporters Philip Muzzy with Julie Ghatan wearing a vintage dress.