Is it just me or is this starting to get boring? Every year it’s the same criminals of fashion and good taste or maybe they all just seem the same. Or maybe it’s because they all hang out together and are completely interchangeable.
- Britney Spears and Paris Hilton – Ex-BFF’s disbanded for reasons other than fashion (or lack of underwear). Go figure. They tied for first place. What an honor. Mr.
Blackwell called them "Two peas in an over-exposed pod" and "style-free and fashion deprived" No truer words were ever spoken.
- Camilla Parker-Bowles – Mr. Blackwell calls her the "Duchess of Dowdy."
- Lindsay Lohan – “Over-hyped and under-dressed” and "from adorable to deplorable." Hey, I think she is the best of this bunch. At least she has some hits.
- Christina Aguilera – Mr. Blackwell says "all crass and
no class." Ain’t no other man.
- Mariah Carey – Isn’t she on this list every year? You would think she would pay attention and wear clothes that were not so tight. Mr. Blackwell calls her "Mariah, the fashion pariah" and "the Queen of Catastrophic Kitsch"
- Paula Abdul – I could not agree more with this one. Mr. Blackwell calls
her the "fallen fashion idol." Straight-up girl, you can’t dress.
- Sharon Stone – Mr. Blackwell compares her to Cruella deVille. Ouch.
- Tori Spelling – Pregnant and dissed! Mr. Blackwell
called her "Down and Out in Beverly Hills."
- Sandra Oh – I still contend that Sandra Oh looked great. Mr. Blackwell referred to her look as "layered lunacy."
- Meryl Streep – Had she not looked so good in designer duds in "The Devil Wears Prada" she could have flown under the radar. I still love her.
Did anyone get it right? "Fabulous Fashion Independents for 2006" include:
Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Katie Holmes, Helen Mirren, Barbra Streisand,
Nancy Pelosi, Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Heidi Klum and Marcia Cross.