The NY Post just gave a rundown of 10 things to keep your eyes peeled for at MB FashionWeek. Stayed tuned for Second City Style’s FashionWeek Bryant Park reportage, and see if these will be the only surprises…
1. Madison Avenue furrier Dennis Basso, who dressed Meryl Streep in those fabulous coats in "The Devil Wears Prada" (pictured) puts on a runway show for the first time. Attendees to the Friday, Feb. 9 display are advised to wear paint-proof clothes.
2. Isaac Mizrahi is showing a collection for the first time in two years. His Monday show will no doubt be wild and star-studded, with lots of sexy models. He may even fondle a celebrity or two.
3. Coach and Bill Blass will both launch their first fragrances. Mmm, the smell of the inside of a leather bag.
4. Oscar de la Renta launches a sportswear collection for people who haven’t won the lottery. His show is at Macy’s Wednesday, Feb. 7.
5. China – the new black? Cabbeen, a menswear sensation in its native country, with more than 300 retail stores, will be the first designer from the mainland to show in the U.S. when he displays Saturday.
6. In a label revival effort, Anne Klein returns to the runway after recruiting hot designer Isabel Toledo. Look for the clothes Friday, Feb. 9.
7. Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti, which usually shows in Milan, will appear for the first time in New York. The label has a boutique in SoHo.
8. Issa, whose fans include Madonna and Scarlett Johansson, joins fellow Brits Matthew Williamson, Alice Temperley and Luella Bartley for a cross-Atlantic exchange. The label shows Sunday.
9. One collection will be newsworthy for its absence. Though Marc Jacobs will be showing in New York, his Marc by Marc Jacobs line will walk in London, to kick off his store opening there.
10. Heatherette’s Tuesday show will have a surprise guest – girl group Danity Kane.
–Joanne Molina Second City StyleSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: j molina