Lauren Dimet Waters
One of my favorite (and one of the more original) looks from New York Fall Fashion Week ’07 was accenting gray with silver and pewter. There was some copper and bronze with gray, but we will save that for another day.
If the thought of wearing gray head-to-toe depresses the hell out of you, punch it up with a bit of sparkle and shine. Whether you chose a belt, shimmery tights or a metal hued top…you can’t go wrong.
The Runway: RTW Fall ’07
1. Classic with a rich subtle tone-on-tone metallic skirt at Oscar de la Renta.
2. Fitted, modern and space-age at Luca Luca.
3. A soft, easy fit at Yves Saint Laurent.
4. Keeping it light with layers of silks, metallics and menswear at Alberta Ferretti.
5. Charcoal instead of black for evening at Badgley Mischka.
One, Two Punch: Blouses, belts, jackets and even jeans are turning up in metallic shades from light silver to deep pewter and gunmetal.
A. Goldsign Misfit Metallic Jeans in Silver $248 at Intermix
B. Cyndi Chan Short Satin Trench in Silver $320 at Second City Store
A. Ralph Lauren Blac label ‘Casey’ Gunmetal Silk Ascot Blouse $698 at Nordstrom
C. Thomas Wylde Le Cirque II Handbag $2,275 at eLUXURY
D. Hayden-Harnett Pewter Snake Loupe Belt $140 at Hayden-Harnett
E. Cynthia Rowley Titanium Dress $385 at Shopbop
F. Steven by Steve Madden Brytni Platform Pump $99.95 at Nordstrom
G. Easton Pearson Silver Brocade Swing Coat $$1,537 at Brown’s Fashion
RTW Fall ’07 Images: Style.com