This is half bad fashion and half confession so I consider this off-topic.
A few things about me that are not widely known (until now):
- I am a music freak (my father always said "if you knew your studies the way you know music, you could have gotten into Harvard on scholarship…hmm).
- I am a byproduct of the 80’s
- I had a giant crush on Stewart Copeland, the drummer of The Police, in the early 80’s (we are talking epic)
- I used to have a massive concert t-shirt collection which I never really wore and rid myself of years ago
- I became a spin instructor solely because I hated the music instructors were subjecting me to listen to that I found boring, trite and unmotivating
- I saw The Police Reunion Tour last night
- I bought a Police t-shirt for $40
I know, I know. I, who says, you have to be a moron to buy a t-shirt for over $20, eagerly threw down $40 on a Police t-shirt last night at Giant Stadium. What can I say? I got sucked into the moment.
Last year I said if The Police reunite, I will give my right pinky to go. Didn’t they announce their tour a few weeks later? I think I’m psychic. Anyway, the concert was amazing (Copeland amazed on the drums as did Summers on guitar) and I still have my right pinky! I also have this t-shirt, so if you see me walking down the streets of Manhattan with it on…you have every right to raz me for being a groupie and sporting an over-priced t-shirt that won’t score me points on any best-dressed list.
– Signed, a groupie (I still love ya Stewart, you rock!).See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40