Invest in timeless pieces that still reflect this season.
Joanne Molina, Senior Editor
Despite an industry of scientific fashion forecasting, fashion is really more like the weather: sometimes you can predict a tornado and other days you wonder why you never saw the rain coming. Nevertheless, as Dana Thomas reveals in her How Luxury Lost It’s Luster finding a well-made timeless bag is often more difficult than handing over dollars or euros. And as we know, this season could be just about anything if we were paying attention to the pages of Vogue or Bazaar. But in the spirit of doing some actual editing of the inevitable plethora of options, here are 5 bags you may find worthy of their price tag.
1. Anya Hindmarch patent leather Bogart Tote in Navy $980 from ScoopNYC.com
2. Valentino Lacca Bow Shopper bag $1195 from SaksFifthAvenue.com
3. Miu Miu Matelasse large tote $1395 from NeimanMarcus.com
4. Roberto Cavalli Quited patent tote $1790 from NeimanMarcus.com
5. Yves Saint Laurent Overseas Croco Embossed Medium Tote $1895 from SaksFifthAvenue.comm