I’m not quite Scrooge, but I’m in a no-nonsense, let’s get it done mood this holiday season. When I put together my wish list I noticed a recurring theme. I’m "wishing for" everything that’s strong, modern and powerful. No turtle doves for me! The overt superhero theme from Spring ’08 seems to have crept up on me in Fall ’07, only in a much sleeker and darker way. I’m dreaming of a Zip-Zap-Zoom Christmas!
1. I’d like to bend steel wearing these long patent gloves….in either dark green or plum. Surprise me!
GIM Patent Gloves – neimanmarcus.com
2. These boots caught my eye. They have a perfect heel height, and I like the modern (yet somewhat 80’s) twist of curved black elastic goring. They wont’ go unnoticed…I’ll be Superwoman! Leopoldo Giordano Boots – shopbop.com
3. I love the cool simplicity of this sleek Orlando Espinoza dress. It’s understated yet makes a powerful statement. Orlando Espinoza Sleeveless Dress – secondcitystore.com
4. This bag makes my list because it will still look elegant when I load it up for work.
Roberto Cavalli Metallic Bag net-a-porter.com
5. Black doesn’t mean somber when it is in shiny cracked leather…I wish for this Versace Coat! I know I can wear for many years…and by the way, it’s on sale now!
Versace Runway Cracked Leather Coat eluxury.com
6. There’s modern elegance (and kryptonite) in this statement necklace by Laura J. Designs. (It’s sterling silver – just kidding about the kryptonite.) Laura J. Designs Lovely Necklace – secondcitystore.com
7. Oh, and just two more things…rather, one more pair… I need these to leap tall buildings. Jean-Michel Cazabat Ankle Boot – shopbop.comSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Carol Calacci