I don’t normally follow the tradition of making resolutions at the New Year, but something has me excited about 2008, yet reflective about the past year. So I’ve composed a list of my top areas of focus for the next 12 months.
1. Relax more.
Especially if it can be done in cashmere. I always loved the word â€œloungewearâ€ and I think I’ll buy more of it in 08. I’ll try Neiman’s â€œloungerâ€ in chocolate made of 100% imported cashmere.
2. Master a new skill, like how to wear prints without looking too wild and crazy. Or how to pull off the nautical look like an expert. Chloe and James Perse looks at net-a-porter.com are the pros to learn form.
3. Rekindle old friendships. Do you have someone you’ve lost touch with? A friend you’ve been meaning to call? I do. And her name is khaki. I’ve abandoned this basic for too long. In 2008, I shall update khaki or bust. Costume International’s khaki suit with two stripes of citrine at the waist is a good start.
4. Spend more time with my loved ones, especially my Marc Jacobs black patent boots, my Banana Republic cable knit sweater purse and the fabulous new jewelry I received for Christmas.
5. Understand the true meaning of transparency. As a spring trend that is. How will I work this into my wardrobe? Can it be work appropriate? I’ll look to BCBG’s spring collection, which featured layers of transparent fabrics in the most pleasant colors.
7. Find time to color coordinate my closet. This is something I did a few years ago, but have since lapsed. We can’t all have closets like Kimora Lee, but at least we can be organized.
8. Stand up for myself more.
Should be fairly easy in Dior’s fierce â€œodysseyâ€ pump with fish scales.
So take advantage of post-holiday sales and go make your resolutions a reality. Happy New Year!
Runway photos: style.com