MAC’s new ‘Fafi" collection is based around French graffiti artist Fafi’s "Fafinettes" which are girly cartoon gals that come
alive in Technicolor shades sparked with colorful pearl.
The story of these Fafinettes is that they are ageless creatures that live in a magical realm called the ‘Carmine Vault’, but they check out us humans on a regular basis. They are inspired by hip earth chicks that love bold makeup. So they sneak into MAC stores to play with cosmetics.
Yes, like the MAC Barbie line, the Fafi collection is geared very young, obviously. But like the Barbie collection, there are some wearable standout colors for those of us over 25. You just have to dig a bit.
The collection includes:
- Lipstick: we like High-Top which is a purple/grey
- Lipglass: we like Squeeze It which is a brassy plum
- Eye Shadow Kits: we like Fafi Eyes 1 which includes a deep grey with silver sparkle
- Paint Pots: check out Nice Vice (dirty purple with purple pearl) and Girl Friendly (creamy grey pink)
- Powder Blush: we like Hipness (coral with soft white pearl)
- Iridescent Pressed Powder: try Belightful (gilded peach bronze)
- Nail Lacquer: we like Boom! (eggplant with purple pearl)
The Fafi collection also includes eyeliner, brushes and limited-edition cosmetic bags.
Shop Fafi at MAC.comSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40