Spring is finally here, which means it’s time to come out of hibernation and put our best faces forward — literally! After months of blustery, freezing cold weather, any skin that was exposed to the elements has taken a beating, leaving it covered in dry, rough patches, and an undernourished and scaly exterior. Sometimes, just moisturizing with lotion isn’t enough. (Sister, I hear you.)
Harvard-trained, Chicago dermatologist Dr. Carolyn Jacob has the top five tips to get skin back in tip-top shape (and ready to be bared in that sundress) for spring:
• Use an exfoliating body wash with glycolic acid such as Glytone Body Wash. Be sure to moisturize immediately after!
• SilkPeel microdermabrasion – This cleans pores and rejuvenates skin. Best of all, it can be used on the face, chest, or back.
• Chemical peels – These can be done on any body area to help lift off dead skin cells and reduce brown spots.
• Don’t forget about the kisser! Use a lip balm for dry flaky lip skin with glycolic acid at night for super smooth lips.
• Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Use a moisturizer on damp skin when it is the most absorbent.
Dr. Carolyn Jacob
Chicago Cosmetic Surgery & Dermatology
20 West Kinzie, Suite 1130
Chicago, IL 60610