During a recent workout with a new trainer, it was discovered that not only is my left leg about an inch longer than my right but every part of my body, especially my back, has suffered by my daily heel wearing. After a few more sessions, my legs are now the same length (after all it wasn’t a skeletal problem but a muscular one) but my shoe of choice can no longer be a daily indulgence. After about a week of wearing flat shoes, I have realized what other, perhaps smarter women have known for a long time… life is so much better when you can actually walk! And with this seasons’ elaborate gladiator and thong sandals, in every variety from snakeskin to metallic, who am I to complain about a few inches off the heel? As it turns out, looking good and feeling good doesn’t have to be an oxymoron.
1. Giuseppe Zanotti Gladiator Sandal $650, saks
2. Jimmy Choo Fife T-Strap Sandals $665, saks
3. Miu Miu Specchio Gladiator Flats $450, saks
4. Yves Saint Laurent St. Tropez Gladiator Sandals $540, saks
5. Maloles Abelia Patent Thong Flat Sandal $360, shopbop
6. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Tip 2’ Gladiator Sandal $99.95, nordstrom
7. Modern Vintage Shoes Patent Fernana Gladiator Sandal $225, shopbop