At some point we all must face the harsh truth. We are not as young as we used to be. While nothing really conjures a sight more pathetic than a women who has not come to grips with the fact that she is no longer 25…there are things we can all do to not give away our age.
1. Don’t wear styles that you wore when you were 18. You know what they say, if you wore the trend the first go-around, sit this one out. That means micro-minis (even if you have slamming legs), anything decorated with safety pins and cropped shirts…to name a few. If it is hanging in your daughter’s closet, it should not be on your body. Stop watching The Hills!
2. Don’t wear your clothes too tight. Muffin tops are not flattering. It looks bad enough on young girls, but on women, sausage casing is gross.
4. Avoid severe hair color. Nothing is more aging than jet-black hair. Not only does it draw the color from your face, it draws attention to imperfections.
5. You may think it’s too late, but stay out of the sun! Use protection (at least 20 SPF) …always. Heck, if you are going to spend thousands on getting those sun spots removed from your face…why invite them back?
6. Whiten your teeth. Nothing says "I’m old" more than a gray, dingy smile.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Photos: WireImage, Newest Wrinkles