So this week, if you didn’t notice from all the ridiculous commercials during Project Runway, Bravo previewed it’s new fall show, The Rachel Zoe Project. The reality program follows Rachel Zoe, a celebrity stylist best known for creating Nicole Richie‘s
eating disorder boho chic look. Bravo’s website describes her current aesthetic as "the 1970s glamazon: vintage-clad and sun-kissed,
with smoky eyes, oversized shades, and tons of bangles." We think we could sum up Zoe’s aesthetic in 2 sizes, small and large. Small women, large accessories.
After the show, I’m guessing she’ll be known for her obnoxious slang (Bananas!, I die!) some of which she can’t even take credit for (Omigod.) Seriously, the 30-something stylist sounds like a 16-year-old valley girl. It’s like she never matured past her ’80s adolescent self. It seems that this show is mostly about using Zoe to film celebrities and famous designers. Will you watch?
Questions based on the show’s preview:
1. Is her husband gay? Or is he Ryan Adams?
2. Can oversized shades be over yet?
3. How much more entertaining is Rachel’s assistant, Taylor, than her?
4. Brad’s style is a total knock off of Austin Scarlett, who is a total knock off of Yves Saint Laurent. Okay… that was a statement, not a question.
5. Can Zoe say anything about fashion that is insightful or illuminating? All I got from her commentary was, celebrities like to wear designer clothes, and "Fashion is my drug. I’m addicted to it."
6. How did seemingly nice stars like Molly Sims, Debra Messing, and Jennifer Garner get hoodwinked into hiring her?
7. Why did Zoe hire two assistants who can’t get along? (Good thing she did, because watching them go head-to-head is the only reason we’ll tune into this show.)
If you missed it, here are some highlights:
Look back to SCS to read
hatred and mocking reviews and recaps of Zoe’s show when it starts for real. We can’t wait for the episode when Zoe gets snubbed at Fashion Week! Did you see her checking herself out on NYMag.com? Hilarious.
Click here to learn more about Zoe and the show: BravoTV.com.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40