Hello 80’s! The bow blouse is quickly asserting itself as a fall must-have! And just as before, you can see (evidenced by the photos from the fall ’08 RTW runway)…bigger is better!
The trick to pulling off this look is to pair your bow or ruffled blouse with ultra-tailored menswear pieces that contrast such a bold feminine statement. Try skinny leg jeans or baggy menswear trousers. Forgo a necklace unless it’s a big, chain…you don’t need much jewelry.
Let’s go shopping for a bow blouse, shall we?
1. Dolce & Gabbana Silk Puff-Sleeve Blouse $1050
2. Doo.Ri Stretch Georgette Blouse $495
3. Roberto Cavalli Jersey Tie-Neck Floral Top $975
4. Juicy Couture Pullover Blouse with Bow $178
5. Mulberry Silk Button Front Blouse Was $595, Now $416.50
6. Diane von Furstenberg ‘Lutèce’ Blouse $198
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs Bow-Neck Long-Sleeve Top $198
8. Twenty8Twelve Theodora Bow Top $250
9. Lilly Pulitzer Doyle Oxford Shirt $128
10. Zac Posen Soleil Silk Blouse with Bow $900
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image by Jessica Piraro
Runway photos: NY Mag
Tags: Bow Blouse, bow-neck, Brian Reyes, Charles Nolan, designer, Diane von Furstenberg, Dolce & Gabbana, Doo.Ri, Douglas Hannant, DVF, fall '08, how to, Jason Wu, Jessica Piraro, Juicy Couture, Lauren Dimet Waters, Lilly Pulitzer, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Mulberry, must-have, Proenza Schouler, Roberto Cavalli, Ruffian, runway, Second City Style, shirt, shopping, style tips, tie-neck, top, trend, Twenty8Twelve, Zac Posen