This is potentially good news for those who might be tired of the dress, but want to still show off those gams and prove one can still make an outfit from separates. Most full skirts this season are slightly flared or tuliped and are either mini or just above/below the knee in length. Really anything goes unless it’s full length. Then you just run the risk of looking like a bridesmaid.
Be warned. The full skirt can make you look like a full load
if you are not careful. Unlike the runway models from the fall ’08
ready-to-wear shows pictured below…most of us are not a stick or
clothes hanger. So if you chose to wear a full skirt think about
proportions and keep the top fitted or add a belt for waist definition.
Let’s go skirt shopping shall we?
1. Acne Jeans Flaunt Bubble Skirt $399
2. Gap Tiered Skirt $44
3. SONIA by Sonia Rykiel Nylon Skirt $210
4. Peter Som Watercolor Pintucked Skirt $795
5. Lauren Moffatt Green Circle Print Skirt $277
6. Paintbrush Floral Belle Skirt $98
7. Charles Nolan Rose-Print Silk Skirt $598
8. Miu Miu Chenille Tweed Full Skirt $670
9. Tevrow+Chase Pleated Geometric Skirt $395
10. Dotted Circle Skirt $22.80
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image: Jessica Piraro
Runway photos: NY Mag
Tags: Abaete, Acne Jeans, Charles Nolan, designer, DKNY, fall '08, fall trends, flared skirt, floral, Forever21, full skirt, Gap, how to wear, Jessica Piraro, Jill Stuart, Lauren Dimet Waters, Lauren Moffatt, Miu Miu, nicole miller, Oscar de la Renta, Peter Som, Rag and Bone, Reyes, RTW, runway, Sari Gueron, shopping, silk, skirt, Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Tevrow+Chase, tips, tulip skirt, tweed, Yeohlee, Yigal Azrouel