Does the LBD (little black dress) ever really go out of style? The fall ready-to-wear runway proved it is back with a vengeance. Not a single designer it seems left the LBD from their collection which would lead one to believe it is a must-have for fall/winter. And why wouldn’t it be? The LBD keeps coming back because it’s the one go-to look we women know looks great on us all. This year’s LBD is an ode to old Hollywood glamorous high-style. Think Jackie-O. Look for a dramatic detail such as feathers, an attached cape, lace, bows, ruffles, even one sleeve. Dare to be edgy.
Now don’t stop there! Pair your LBD with crystal statement jewelry (or if you’re lucky, giant diamonds), a fur cape, your best rhinestone encrusted clutch and black Louboutins. Now you’re ready to take on the night!
1. Nathan Jenden Alma Ruffle Dress $1,445
2. Rue du Mail Petal Trim Dress $1,865
3. Roberto Cavalli Puff-Sleeve Dress $1,395
4. Dolce & Gabbana Silk Cocktail Dress $1,950
5. Zac Posen Reglisse Silk Dress $2,300
6. Fendi Fine merino dress $810
7. Black Halo Jackie O Dress $345
8. Carolina Herrera Off-The-Shoulder Faille Dress $2490
9. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Rolling Rings’ Dress $348
10. David Meister Rayon Matte Jersey Dress $308
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image by Jessica Piraro
Runway photos: NY Mag
Tags: Alberta Ferretti, Alma, Angel Sanchez, black, Black Halo, Carolina Herrera, Chanel, Cocktail Dress, David Meister, designer, Dolce & Gabbana, dress, faille, fall '08, Fendi, Jackie O dress, Jason Wu, Jessica Piraro, Lanvin, Lauren Dimet Waters, LBD, little black dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Max Azria, Michael Kors, Monique Lhuillier, Narciso Rodriguez, Nathan Jenden, off-the-shoulder, philosophy, ready to wear, Reyes, Roberto Cavalli, RTW, Rue du Mail, ruffle, runway, runway to real way, shopping, silk, style tips, trends, Vera Wang, Zac Posen