Are you stumped when trying to create an amazing, natural smokey eye for day, but don’t want to look like your going to a black tie affair? Well, try something similar to the look on Eva Longoria.
Try a neutral eye palette, like NARS New! Best Eye shadows ($50). This compact is filled with perfectly matched neutral shadows that have a great silky texture. The palette for your eyes will consist of a rich, pretty shade for the lid; a darker defining shade for the crease; and a highlighter to open the eyes on the brow bone.
1. First, you want to highlight. Take the lighter color of the shadows, and highlight just under the brow bone, extending to the end, right under the ending of your eyebrow.
2. Apply your lighter to mid-tone colored shadows on your lid, starting from your lash line, and blending up to the crease.
3. Next, apply your darker color in the crease, starting from middle and blending out to the outer edges and blending down into the lower lid.
4. Last, take a pencil like MAC’s Teddy Eye Kohl ($14.50), that’s soft and easy to smudge, and line on the lower part of eye. For more exaggerated look or for night line the upper eye lid, and blend, blend, blend.
5. Finish with several coats of mascara like Fresh’s Supernova Mascara ($25). That will give you lush lashes that are not over coated and clumped.
Like Eva, this should give you a nice subtle day time look that’s not overdramatic, but soft and polished!
– Kelley Epps-Woods, Beauty WriterSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40