New York City’s finest artistic talent will once again be on display from October 16-18 with the highly-anticipated return of the Fashion District Arts Festival.
The three day extravaganza will give New Yorkers and visitors exclusive access to nearly 100 gallery exhibits, open studios, cocktail receptions, workshops, concerts, performances and more.
Hosted by the Fashion Center Business Improvement District (BID), the festival celebrates the artists, crafters, galleries and theaters that contribute to the creative energy that fuels America’s fashion capital.
“We are both proud and fortunate to have so much talent and creativity right here in the Fashion District,” said Barbara Randall, executive director of the Fashion Center BID. “To have the chance to share that with the rest of New York is a wonderful opportunity. The Fashion District Arts Festival has grown to become one of the events that help define New York City as a global center of art and culture.”
Other highlights of this year’s Fashion District Arts Festival include:
· Baryshnikov Arts Center – Acting Workshop: Techniques of the Moscow Art Theater School
· New Dance Group – Performances and free classes in a variety of dance styles
· The Simon Studio – Professional lab session with artistic director and coach of Samuel L. Jackson
· The Camera Club of New York – Gallery Exhibit: National Jury Competition
· Joria Productions: West Side Dance Project – Special Cabaret Performance: “In Stitches: A Show with a Hook (and an Eye)”
· National Comedy Theatre – Improv Comedy Performances ($)
· Abingdon Theatre Company – “Beachwood Drive” ($)
Visitors can also take advantage of special discounts, happy hours, raffles and prizes.
For additional information, including a full schedule and map of the Fashion District Arts Festival, please visit fashioncenter.com/arts.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40