As the year comes to a close, and dozens of products have been tried, tested and reviewed, I want to highlight my Top 10 Products for 2008 (in no particular order)!
1. YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick has been one of the best overall lipsticks ever! The colors are rich and gorgeous, and have great staying power, with added SPF protection.The beautiful casing is icing on the cake.
2. Guerlain’s Le 2de Mascara is brilliant. This duo-ended two brush mascara, leaves no lash forgotten. It gives you the most perfect, precise and voluptuous lashes ever.
3. La Mer The Radiant Infusion is perfect for supreme hydration, smoothness and conditioning prior to layering on your moisturizer. A few squirts from the pump is enough for your entire face. My face instantly feels revived with this wonder hydrater.
4. Lancome Oscillation Power Mascara is perfect for out-to-there lashes. This first power vibrating mascara wraps every lash up to 360°. It takes a couple of tries to get it right, but once you do your lashes will be amazing!
5. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (Duo) – I can’t say enough great things about this Powder. I had originally been using the Natural Skinfinish for my skin that left me with a airbrushed feel. Then MAC introduced Mineralized Skinfinish, that was made to highlight. So, when MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Duo came out I had my favorite 2 products all-all-in one. Just blend the 2 colors together for an amazing glow!
6. Chanel’s Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream – This eye cream is perfection. It banishes all of your eye problems, including wrinkles, fines lines, loss of firmness and even subdues puffiness and dark circles. It’s the optimal primer before foundation for ultra smoothness to the eye area. Enjoy!
7. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder and Invisible Cover Foundation is revolutionary. As everything is becoming digital, and TV is now in high definition, it is important to have a foundation that not only provides coverage, but is also seamless. I have found these products perfect for brides, who’s photographer may shoot in digital, and even for the everyday woman. It is flawless.
8. St. Ives Protective Element Cleanser is refreshing, and protective! You can now wash on sun protection. How great is that? This amazing cleanser rinses clean, with no greasy residue. .
9. MAC Paint Pots – These wonderful pots of colors are great to wear alone, or for a base under your eyeshadow. A favorite, Painterly Paint Pot, is the perfect flesh tone color, that works as a wonderful base to so many colors. This is a staple in my kit as well as for personal use for its long wearing formula and seamless coverage.
10. Chanel Jouse Contraste Powder Blush – These blushes are beautiful in texture and leaves a natural looking flush. They blend beautifully into the skin, and give cheeks a natural radiance.
1. ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15, $34
2. Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara, $35
3. La Mer The Radiant Infusion, $95
4. Lancôme Ôscillation Powermascara, $34
5. Mineralize Skinfinish (Duo), $26.50
6. Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream, $175
7. HD Microfinish Powder, $30 and HD Invisible Cover Foundation, $40
8. St. Ive’s Protective Element Cleanser, $7.99
9. MAC Paint Pot, $16.50
10. Chanel Joues Conraste Unique Powder Blush, $42.00
— Kelley Epps-WoodsSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: $42.00, Chanel Joues Conraste Unique Powder Blush, HD Invisible Cover Foundation, HD Microfinish Powder, La Mer The Radiant Infusion, LancÃ´me Ã”scillation Powermascara, Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara, MAC Paint Pot, MIneralize Skinfinish (Duo), ROUGE VOLUPTÃ‰ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15, St. Ive's Protective Element Cleanser, Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream