Bah humbug! I'm a girly girl, but have to admit, I have never gotten into the Hallmark holiday that is Valentine's Day. First, I really don't like the color red on me, I don't care for roses (love the smell though), I can't stand anything heart-shaped and resent paying more to go out for dinner on February 14th. It's usually a giant let-down. I do love Necco candy hearts, but has anybody else noticed there are less in the box this year? I digress.
I am learning to appreciate deep, ruby reds (which I am better able to pull off) and red accessories. I mean, who can resist dark red Louboutins? So maybe I am getting a little more into the 'holiday' spirit.
1. Fendi Circle-Sleeve Gown, $805. This is just stunning. Love the drama of the sleeves.
2. Dior Christal Red Rubber Chronograph 38mm, $5,350. I wouldn't complain if my husband gave me this instead of roses.
3. Diptyque Red Tubereuse Candle, $68. Enjoy the scent of roses all year!
4. Christian Louboutin Turbella Metallic Sandals, $995. Come on, at least the soles are red!
5. Valentino Petale Dome Bag, $2,495
6. Hunter Original Tall Wellington Boots, $115. Come April, a girl has to stay dry.
7. Lipstick Queen Sinner by Poppy King, $18. Her lipsticks are the best.
8. Christian Louboutin Orlan Double Platform T-Straps, $885. If I could walk in these without fear pof breaking my neck, I would own them.
9. Large Skull Notebook by Assouline, $90. This totally reflects my sentiment of the holiday.
10. La Perla Fringed Balconette Bra, $220. Boom chica boom!
11. 3.1 Phillip Lim Asymmetric Cadet Jacket, $595. Cadet jackets are no longer just for kids.
12. Miu Miu Crinkle patent Shoulder Bag, $1,295. I would have problems carrying this bag either.
13. Jimmy Choo Eliza Patent Sandals, $585. Stunning!
14. Maison Martin Margiela Side-Layer Top, $875
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Assouline, bag, beauty, boots, bra, candle, Christian Louboutin, Dior, Diptyque, fashion, Fendi, Gift Guide, gown, handbag, Hunter, jacket, Jimmy Choo, La Perla, Lauren Dimet Waters, lipstick, Lipstick Queen, Maison Martin Margiela, makeup, Miu Miu, notebook, rain boots, red, sandals, shoes, shopping, top, Valentine's Day, Valentino, watch