Fashion expert and host of TLC’s “What Not To Wear”, Stacy London, has teamed up with Woolite® to launch a new fashion and laundry care site for the “clothes-minded” individual called findthelookkeepthelook.com. On the site Stacy helps women find fashionable and seasonless styles while Woolite shows how to keep them looking newer, longer.
As you know, we love Stacy London here at Second City Style, so when I was invited to attend a meet-and-greet with Stacy for the launch of this campaign yesterday, of course I had to go.
Why has Stacy teamed with Woolite? Well, would it surprise you to know that when she travels, she washes her clothes in the bathtub with Woolite? Seriously. She thinks hotel cleaners ruin clothes. She understands especially in a tough economy, we need to be smart about protecting our retail investments! This partnership serves to bridge the gap between clothing consumption and clothing care. In Stacy's opinion, using Woolite is the best return on your investment.
So what were Stacy's tips on shopping in a tough economy (let's face it, we are still going to shop…we just have to shop smarter!)?
- Start shopping in outfits. Try to resist buying a top here and a sweater there. Otherwise you will end up with a closet filled with mismatched and therefore unwearable pieces.
- Look for suits you can break up to wear several ways (the jacket with jeans or with a dress, the pants with a sweater you already own).
- Look for a solid shirt with visual interest like ruffles or a tone-on-tone pattern
- If you find jeans you love, buy two pairs and have one pair hemmed to wear with heels and the other with flats.
- Think of investing in a cropped leather jacket and pairing it with a cocktail dress.
- Look for a printed blouse with the most colors you love possible. You will be surprised how much you wear it.
- Dresses are perfect for day…because once you put one on, you're dressed. Look for DVF style print wrap dresses and pair with a solid trench.
- For day-to-evening, wear one color with texture
- Layering is essential for creating visual interest so get creative
- Look for clothes that incorporate color, pattern, texture or shine to look modern and up-to-date
Why should you check out findthelookkeepthelook.com? Woolite and Stacy also offer additional tips and sweepstake offers to readers like:
• A Chance To Meet Stacy London – Fashion victims are encouraged to compete for a chance to shop and be styled by Stacy in New York. To enter, submit a photo of yourself showing why you need Stacy London’s help to dress more fashionably. In one–to-three sentences explain which style sin was committed in your photo. Stacy London will eventually choose the winner who needs her help the most.
• Win A New Wardrobe Every 2 Weeks – Visitors will get the chance to win a new wardrobe from a fashionable Woolite® partner boutique. Drawings will be held every 14 days beginning Monday (March 9th) through the end of July with a prize value of over $15,000 worth of new clothing! The first giveaway: Win a week’s worth of jeans (Citizen of Humanity, True Religion Paige etc).
• Inside Fashion Secrets From Stacy London – Stacy and her team of Woolite Style stars created a look book available to consumers which speaks to style-staple trends and also offers solutions on how to launder almost any kind of fabric and fashion.
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40