I have been off lather shampoos for quite some time. Sure I venture back from time-to-time when I have to test and review a new one, but I always go back to my DevaCurl No-Poo shampoo. It takes a little while to get used to, but once you see your hair looks so much healthier when your natural oils are not stripped, you won't go back either. I didn't think any other shampoo could permanently get me off DevaCurl until I tried Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream.
If you don't have curly hair (or even if you do) you will love this new luxurious no suds shampoo that's
packed with natural cleansers, nourishers and shine enhancers.
Especially great for dry, coarse, over-processed, color-treated and
heat-styled hair (but suitable for all including children), Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream is gentle enough for everyday
Here is some more shampoo wisdom from creator Anthony Dickey:
- Shampoo will promote big, frizzy, dry, dull hair if not used properly.
- Conditioner is for the hair, whereas shampoo was, is, and always
will be for cleaning your scalp. (It’s just formulated in such a way
as to not ruin your hair in the process!
- Over-shampooing is incredibly easy when using conventional sulfate-laden foaming shampoos.
- The shampoo you choose should be based on low detergent content
and how your hair feels immediately after shampooing (before
- Avoid dandruff shampoos. They contain ingredients such as tar or
selenium disulfide which dry out the scalp and hair causing oil glands
to overreact. There are many effective ways to manage dandruff without
resorting to this kind of stripping. (A scorched earth strategy is
never a good idea when it comes to beauty!)
Key ingredients of Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream:
• Panthenol – provitamin B5, panthenol, is a humectant, emollient
and moisturizer; it binds to the hair follicle and coating the hair,
sealing its surface, so strands appear shiny
• Honey – contains a mixture of polysaccharides, vitamins and minerals at help protect and nourish hair
• Lemongrass (cymbopogon schoenanthus) Extract – helps remove scalp
build-up and normalize oil production; increases hair’s fullness, body
• Hops (humulus lupulus) Extract – helps condition hair while adding body
• Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil – a softening agent
Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream gently conditions hair while cleansing. The oils
in the formula bind to dirt and oil on the scalp and hair, removing
buildup, without stripping hair of its own natural oils. As a result,
hair stays soft.
The shampoo seriously smells amazing. It has top notes of crushed spring buds & ivy; middle notes of jasmine & rose petals; bottom notes of sweet musk.
8oz – $22; 16oz – $32 bottles are available at Ricky’s NY & hairrules.com.
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40