The return of the summer denim trend makes me a little nervous, I must confess. I fear some women will drag the boxes out of storage marked 1991 and think they can be fashion forward in their Gap jean jumper and high-waisted jeans shorts. Denim 2009 is a little more refined (we are not covering acid wash and slashed jeans here). We particularly love the exposed zipper and diagonal cut looks. And whatever you do….avoid the denim tuxedo!
4. Sari Gueron Nurse Dress, Was $875, Now $612.50
5. Thayer Denim Jumper, Was $231, Now $161.70
6. Diesel Blue Denim 'Naily' Zip Jacket, $199.99
7. Madewell Boilersuit Romper, $150
8. Vince Denim Belted Dress, $335
9. Lotusgrace Denim Party Dress, $395
10. ABS Ruffle-Neck Denim Dress, $185
11. Escada Zip-Front Denim Dress, Was $1,650, Now $660.26
12. Lanvin Denim Almond Toe Pumps, Were $950, Now $475
13. Nina Ricci Japanese Denim Jacket, Was $1,390, Now $556.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image Layout: Carol CalacciSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, abs, apparel, Carol Calacci, denim, Diesel, dress, escada, jacket, jumper, Lanvin, Lauren Dimet Waters, Lotusgrace, Madewell, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Nina Ricci, Paper Denim & Cloth, romper, Sari Gueron, shoes, shopping, style tips, summer, Thayer, trends, vest, Vince