At first I hated the idea of this trend. Think about it…short shorts on the wrong legs? Eck. Luckily, at least in New York, I have seen few offenders so I am warming up to the look. However, short shorts scream young. So unless you have a fabulous set of gams (long, lean and without an ounce of cellulite) go for it! We love this look with gladiators or really any of the current sandal styles. With a white tee and jacket, or even a great top from last season, you can't go wrong. Even the loose boyfriend short is working for us, especially when paired with a tank and vest.
Caution, before you leave the dressing room with said shorts and credit card in hand about to skip up to the register…check your backside in the mirror and be brutally honest with yourself. If you can't pull off short, shorts, don't worry…neither can most of us. Thankfully the longer style short is still in too!
1. Milly Diamond Embroidered Shorts, $175
3. Current/Elliott The Boyfriend Short, $185
4. Charlotte Ronson High Waisted Shorts, $102.90
5. IRO Pazzia Shorts, $191
6. WeSC Montenegro Shorts, $70
7. LEVEL 99 Silver Bradley Shorts, $84
8. See by Chloé High-Waist Shorts, $206.90
9. Alice + Olivia Cuff Short, $198
10. ROJAS Bronze Pocket Shorts, $97
11. Something Polished Suiting Shorts, $46
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image Layout: Minette HigdenSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Alice + Olivia, Charlotte Ronson, Current/Elliott boyfriend short, denim, Iro, Jolt, Lauren Dimet Waters, LEVEL 99, Milly, Minette Higden, ROJAS, See by Chloe, shopping, short shorts, shorts, Something Polished, summer, trends, WeSC