We all wear them from time to time, but come on…we know they are ugly. But who knew they could kill you? According to the New York Daily News your flip-flops (yes, even the Tory Burch ones) are magnets for dangerous and deadly bacteria. Ew.
That film of grime that coats your feet at the end of a day of flip-flopping around city streets, the subway, the grocery store, you name it…is some dangerous dirt which gets ground into the rubber of your flip-flops. Lab tests of two sets of flip-flops, worn for four days, revealed
a potentially deadly germ – Staphylococcus aureus – living on the
rubber. If it seeps into a cut on your foot – an entirely common
summer affliction – the bacteria can enter the bloodstream and, if left
untreated, kill you. Um, grossness!
A $3.50 pair of rubber flip-flops were found to have harbored approximately 18,100 bacteria of the five
most prevalent varieties found. (If you wear them into a public restroom expect roughly
13,900 more bacteria.)
Good reason to wear shoes…right?
Read more "Flip-flops are a magnet for dangerous, deadly bacteria" here.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40