So here's the deal. Since I don't want to buy any new clothes until I get back to my pre-pregnancy fighting weight (or close), I had to figure out a way to update my existing basic black and boring, but weight hiding wardrobe. My answer? Decorative tights. Not only are they trendy, they are a cost-effective way to accessorize your wardrobe for the holidays.
Last week I ran into Bloomingdale's and picked up a pair of Hue opaque floral tights for $12 and now I am ready for Christmas with the extended family. I'm adding some new makeup and the jewelry I hope to receive from Santa (hint, hint) and I'm ready to face the day in a dress I have owned for years!
Tip: the more opaque the hose, the more slender your legs will look. Same goes for the pattern. The larger the print the larger your legs will appear. Keep it minimal if you want to create the illusion of slender legs.
Check out some of these holiday tights and sheers I found online. Look for lace and sequins which are hot right now and perfect for Christmas, New Year's and the rest of the winter.
1. Free People 'Gretel' Tights – $88
2. Hot Sox 'Glitter Rose' Tights – $22.50
3. Givenchy Autumn Floral Lace Tights – $18
4. Free People Confetti Tights – $88
5. Jonathan Aston Sweet Roses Lace Tights – $19.75
6. Hue Medallion Tights – $22
8. DKNY Holiday Openwork Tights – $20
9. Emilio Cavallini Metallic Pie de Poule Tights – $42.94
10. Wolford Hot Dot Sheer Tights – $65
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image Layout: Alicia LeeSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: accessories, Alicia Lee, DKNY, Emilio Cavallini, Free People, Givenchy, glitter, holidays, Hot Sox, Hue, Jonathan Aston, lace, Lauren Dimet Waters, metallic, pantyhose, shopping, tights, trends, Wolford