This year's Annual Golden Globes 2010brought out the stars in droves. They graced the Red Carpet in elegant gowns, flawless makeup, and beautiful hair creations. Some of the night's winning looks for hair, can be created by you too, with a few simple steps. Get the looks with Tips from NYC Celebrity Hair Stylist, Tommy Buckett.
To get Sandra Bullock's romantic side-swept locks:
1. Prep the hair with a medium textured mousse; I like Diamond Shine Volumizing Mousse($6.50 at Folica.com).
2. For relaxed curls like Bullock’s, wrap the hair loosely around your curling iron and gently release, working your way around the head in small sections.
3. Part hair to one side, roll it under itself and secure with bobby pins. (It will look like a pinned-under bob.)
4. To finish the look, use your fingers to remove a medium size section of hair. As you bring it out, twist the curls with your fingers and lay them in place.
5. Secure the style with a high-hold hair spray like Pureology Take Hold Hair Spray($18.99 at Folica.com).
Golden Globe Winner Mo’Nique, looked sleek and chic during her acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress in Precious, and her sophisticated chignon finished her classic look.
Get Monique's glamorous Chignon look:
1. First, if you have curly or wavy hair, straighten with a flat iron, I like Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ($119 at Folica.com).
2. Next, look up toward the ceiling and pull back hair into a pony tail. This trick will give you the tightness you need without looking severe.
3. Return head to level and twirl hair into a circle, securing at the nape of the neck with bobby pins.
4. Most women do not have enough hair for a full chignon, so I recommend using hair extensions. Try Hairdo’s Wrap Around Pony, ($49 at Folica.com )and wrap your real hair into the extension as you create the chignon.
5. Finish the look with a medium shine holding spray like Paul Mitchell Freeze and Hold Shine Spray ($13.49 at Folica.com).
Drew Barrymore's feminine and sophisticated look on the red carpet took on a classic French Twist. Create this look:
1. Blow-dry your hair with a round brush for extra body.
2. Using your fingers, carve out a dramatic side part; choose whichever side is more natural for your hairline.
3. Then simply pull back hair into a low ponytail, twist into a small bun and secure at the nape of neck with bobby pins.
4. Add shine spray like Bumble and Bumble Shine($32.95 at Folica.com) or, if you have coarser hair, finish with a pomade to keep fly-aways at bay. Biosilk’s Silk Pomade, ($11.99 at Folica.com_, is a styling all-star.
Kelley Epps Woods, Beauty Editor