Proenza Schouler’s Main Investor Wants to Sell Its Stake

March 1, 2010 • Fashion

Proenza Schouler designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez 

After three years, the European private equity firm Permira maybe be planning to cash in on its investment in Proenza Schouler, and possibly Valentino as well.

Though it has been noted that the feeling is mutual from Proenza's side of the deal, neither company is really trying to make a profit from the sale. One WWD source even noting that the brand would still need more money, due to its business still growing.

The Valentino brand is also on the block, though Permira will be retaining its interest in its significantly larger business Hugo Boss.

In 2007, Valentino Fashion Group took a 45 percent staje in New York-based Proenza Schouler. Proenza designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez own the remaining 55 percent with their CEO Shirley Cook.

-Taneisha Jordan



See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply