So, what's a Lilly Pilly? No, it is not something out of Gulliver's Travels nor Munchkin Land (do not confuse with the Lollipop tree), but it is a native berry of Australia, a rich natural source of vitamin C, antioxidants and exfoliating fruit acids, and also the name of a skincare line now available in the U.S.
And what do the Australian's know? Well, when I think of Australians, I think of Elle MacPherson and a dozen or so Victoria's Secret models, so I suppose they know a thing or two about skincare and beauty!
It goes back to over 40,000 years ago, when native plan elements were used by Australia’s indigenous Aborigine culture, including the native Australian lilly pilly berry, along with traces of other extracts that may be unknown to Americans. LillyPilly™ has been uniquely formulated in the harsh Australian climate to counter the effects of environmental pollutants and a busy lifestyle which can leave skin dull, tired and damaged.
I tried the Eucalyptus with Nerolina Body Wash and Hand and Body Cream. Could this body wash keep my skin moist coming out of Chicago's dry winter? The pretty pearly blue wash has a light eucalyptus fragrance that is pleasant and does not linger, which I think is a bonus. It will not overpower any other fragrance you may want to wear like some body washes do. Did it keep my skin moist? The answer is yes! I am a tough candidate to test this because I have very dry skin and have tried many body washes claiming to keep in moisture, and this one does not dry out my skin. The hand and body cream did the trick for me as well. I like the thick texture, and again, a very light fragrance. There is no stickiness or greasiness left on my skin. I only wish the tube was larger! This may just be my experience, since my skin is so dry, but I ran out of cream before I used up the wash! The cream is so thick that the amount may be enough for normal skin. Oh well, I'll just have to get some more LillyPilly™ and try some different blends while I'm at it!
The LillyPilly™ line includes:
▪ Lilly Pilly – replenishes the skin with the exotic berries of the Lilly Pilly Tree, a rich natural source of vitamin C, antioxidants and exfoliating fruit acids.
▪ Natural Tea Tree with Rosewood oil – soothe sensitive skin with the healing properties of Tea Tree oil, renowned for its natural antiseptic qualities.
▪ Natural Kakadu Plum – protects skin with fruit from the Kakadu Plum Tree, which has been heralded as the richest natural source of vitamin C in the world, with more than 50 times more vitamin C than citrus fruit.
▪ Eucalyptus – invigorates the skin with the refreshing and cooling properties of Eucalyptus, the perfect tonic to revitalize sluggish skin.
▪ Tasmanian Kelp – balances and moisturizes the skin with Tasmanian Kelp, high in minerals and antioxidant vitamins A, B, C and E.
▪ Quandong – nourishes skin with the rich oil of the Quandong kernel, enriched with vitamin C and essential fatty acids.
▪ Bush Tomato – revitalizes the skin with Australian Bush Tomato. Closely related to the common tomato, the Bush Tomato is a rich source of active antioxidant – Lypocene.
Purchase LillyPilly™ at LillyPillyAustralia.com
Body Wash $17.99, Body Creme $9.99;Gift Packs Body Wash and Body Creme $35.99; Hand & Body Creme 3 pack Variety $28.99
— Carol Calacci
FTC Disclosure: Product sample received for review.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Bush Tomato, Carol Calacci, Elle Macpherson, Eucalyptus with Nerolina Body Wash, Lilly Pilly, LillyPillyâ„¢, Natural Kakadu Plum, Natural Tea Tree with Rosewood oil, Quandong, Tasmanian Kel, Victoria's Secret models