Ditch the boho blech and embrace the return of the polished.
I confess that I am not preppy or peppy or even prim. A snob, maybe. Still, there is something quite lovely about ditching the sloppy â€œbohoâ€ luxe look, a look that only approximately 2% of ladies actually achieve. You know, the â€œI am really a model who belongs in Capri drinking a Belliniâ€¦â€ look. Trust me, nobody buys it. And you look like a slob.
Maybe that’s what I love about the return of the preppy girl. It’s a style that acknowledges that you tried â€” and says to the world that the effort to look smart is perhaps a potential virtue. And even if it’s not, then at least it’s an excuse to re-live the 80s and savor the only conditions under which it is acceptable to don pastels without irony.
1. Piazza Sempione Audrey Cropped Denim Pants $350
2. Tory Burch Raul Striped Polo Shirt $125
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Lace-up Espadrille Sandals Now $153.99
4. See by Chloe Denim Wedge Pumps Now $153.99
5. Ralph Lauren Blue Label Linen Thatcher Safari Shirt Now $78.99 – $98.99
6. Lily Pulitzer Cocoa Halter Dress $178
7. Kate Spade Tarrytown Stella Shoulder Bag Now $157.50
8. Lily Pulitzer Resort Canvas Bermuda Shorts $64
9. Lacoste Pleated Tennis Skirt $75
Image Layout: Laura Funk