Being the cosmetic junkie that I am and the older I get, the realization of obtaining a flawless, supple and glowing complexion takes more than a village of fantastic products. Now don't get me wrong, I'm the first in line to try the 'NEW' IT gloss, or oil-free moisturizer, but I'm starting to pay even more attention to my exercise regimen (or lack of) and what I'm consuming on a daily basis. I stumbled upon an article that revealed some of the best foods and beverages that aid in protecting your skin and providing you with your most beautiful complexion yet. Protecting your skin from what, you ask? Harmful free radicals, premature aging, and harmful UVA and UVB rays all wreak havoc on your skin, sometimes causing permanent damage. Take a look at this slam-dunk list and, please allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your beautiful complexion!
1. Whole Wheat. Selenium is the active ingredient that keeps your skin youthful.
2. Tomatoes. Believe it or not the ingredient Lycopene, that makes tomatoes red, helps prevent skin-aging caused by the sun. Stock up on Ketchup, tomato paste and sauce when you're grocery shopping.
3. Oranges. Citrus fruits that contain Vitamin C is a win-win in all cases.
4. Carrots. Packed with Vitamin A, carrots are a great substitute for those who aren't fans of leafy green veggies.
5. Dark Chocolate. The antioxidants in dark chocolate aids the smoothness of your skin. I'll have a dozen, please!
6. Green Tea. Green tea reduces also has tons of antioxidants and is a great alternative to water if you're all tapped out.
7. Berries. Take your pick. From strawberries to blueberries, they all promote a healthy complexion.
8. Sweet Potatoes. Wrinkle Blocker! Is there anything else to say?
9. Tuna. Keeps your skin tight.
10. Water. Keep your skin hydrated and dewy by consuming lots of water. When you're done, have another glass on me!
– Nicole L. Townsend
Article Source: Hubpages.com
Photo: NewsandreviewsSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40