The transition from summer to fall is always a tough one. You want to keep wearing your favorite summer staples yet you know that the cool air is turning against you, almost willing you to sacrifice style for warmth.
The one staple that has always been an excellent yet versatile change from season to season is the mini skirt. It works great for summer because you can still wear it with heels and bare legs to appear slender and tall, yet it can easily transition to fall with boots and tights still willing the same effect. The fuller mini can also simply transform from work to evening without revealing too much.
Many might think that you need a good pair of stems to pull off the mini. It’s all about knowing which pair work best for your legs. If you have wider hips, just opt for a tighter fit around the waist with a fuller cut. If hips are what you lack, look for skirts with prints or details around the waist, or draping to add fullness.
So, break out the heels and get ready to show a bit of leg, no matter the weather!
1. BB Dakota Wisner Skirt $50
2. Chloe Leather A-Line Mini Skirt $1,790
3. Zac Posen Boucle Flip Skirt $1,050
4. Tibi Printed Silk Mini Skirt $230
5. Gryphon ‘Glam Rock” Mini Skirt $241
6. Amanda Uprichard ‘Flower Basket’ Skirt $120
7. Roberto Cavalli Silk-Chiffon Animal Print Skirt $217.50
Image Layout: Laura Funk