Chicago: Where do you shop? Celebrate independent retailers with Nolcha. Click to vote for your favorite from these four boutiques!
Wolfbait & B-girls
Wolfbait is not only where Chicago shops, but it’s where Chicago sells. Showcasing the wares of over 170 local artisans, as well as a few Chicago based fair trade companies, highlights our city’s local talent. Wolfbait is a female owned and operated independent business, fashioned by two native designers, Shirley Kienitz and Jenny Stadler. Their respective collections, Bruiser and Brazen judy, are executed in house from concept to consumer. This, along with customer oriented workshops, and featured artist trunk shows, creates an intimate environment for a unique shopping experience.
“There’s a difference between opening a boutique in Chicago and opening a Chicago boutique.” This is the motto at Cerato Boutique and we are definitely the latter. With 90% of our inventory coming from local Chicago fashion designers including Lara Miller, Kate Boggiano, Anna Fong, Eskell, and many more, our goal is not just to forge a relationship with our designers and highlight their talent, but to create a presence in the community by bringing Chicago fashion to Chicago retail. Cerato Boutique is where you find the perfect outfit to bring the you out in you, but more importantly Cerato Boutique is where Chicago shops to support Chicago.
Independently owned and operated since 1984, Art Effect is Chicago’s finest and most eclectic boutique. For the customer looking to splurge, a carefully curated selection of fine jewelry and luxury fashions are available. For the customer looking for a steal, a large selection of chic accessories and trendy clothes are available at every price point. The shop is stocked with carefully chosen knits and fashion forward sportswear from designer lines including Michael Stars, Three Dots, and Ella Moss. Hard to find cult brands and international lines, including Odd Molly, Cheap Monday, Desigual, and Orla Kiely are included in the mix. Personalized service from professional sales attendants insures you will find just the right thing. A selection of quirky gifts and elegant home goods makes this truly a one-stop shop. Delightfully diverse, Art Effect has stayed fresh and current through out its 26 years.
As corners of the fashion industry look to play it safe, Anastasia believes that there is an obligation for independent designers to keep innovating, especially in the current economy. On June 13th 2009, Anastasia opened the doors to her eponymous named store on Division St, Wicker Park. Anastasia believed it was important to be ‘brand as retailer’ rather than just another brand on a rack. One year later, customers/supporters/fashion forward of Chicago gathered at The International Museum of Surgical Science to celebrate the anniversary with a SS2010 Fashion Show. Anastasia draws upon her training and experiences to produce garments imbued with haute-couture craftsmanship and intelligence while remaining true to the street-style sensibilities of independence, authenticity, and non-conformity. Anastasia strives to rise above the recent trend towards ‘fast-fashion’ by concentrating on manufacturing her Collections locally and collaborating with highly skilled local tailors.
The retailer with the most votes will win:
- A retailer exhibition including store information posted at the Where Visitors Center located at 224 S. Michigan throughout Independent Retail Week: Chicago October 2010
- Two print enhanced store listings in Where Magazine worth $3,000
- An online feature with wheretraveller.com <http://www.wheretraveller.com>
- A dedicated Merchandise Mart eblast to 20,000 consumers in the Chicagoland area
- Six month subscription to Style.HQ or Style.Setter by Datafashion
- Receive a one hour phone consultation from Chicago based Retail Minded to help support your growing business
- Reach an audience of thousands with a featured RETAILER SPOTLIGHT on leading retail blog RetailMinded.com with a feed into Forbes Retail Section
- Dedicated press release issued to trade and consumer media
- Local Boutique (chicagodress.com) will feature the winner for six months as a Featured Retailer on the Local Boutique iPhone app worth $2000.00
See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40