What’s Going On At Jimmy Choo?

September 3, 2010 • Fashion




Rumors keep circling about the future of Jimmy Choo. Between the back and forth if Tamara Mellon will sell the company for a hefty sum, this news does not help the situation.


Industry sources said that banks have been approaching the brand with an interest to strike a deal. TowerBrook Capital Partners LP, the group which purchased Jimmy Choo in 2007 has been contacted by a slew of deal-hungry banks in recent months. TowerBrooks narrowed down the field to two and asked only Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley to prepare pitches on becoming future options as strategic advisors. 


TowerBrook controls 80 percent of Jimmy Choo, while the remaining 20 percent is in the hands of Choo’s founder and chief creative officer Tamara Mellon; board member and former chief executive officer Robert Bensoussan, and management. This year's revenues are expected to post about $231 million.


-Taneisha Jordan


Source; Photo: WWD.com



See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply