If you are anything like me, sometimes you need tips and others you need reminders when it comes to beauty. If left to my own devices I will create the same eye for months! Well InStyle editors have taken care of that beauty rut for us all. This month, the best-selling fashion and beauty magazine is sharing its wealth of wisdom with a new, beauty bible. InStyle: Ultimate Beauty Secrets is a complete guide of the best makeup, skin, fragrance and body tips, including foolproof tricks, step-by-step techniques and visuals. Amazing tips to keep in your arsenal if you will.
There are more than 200 tips from InStyle editors, makeup pros and celebrities. It's kinda like having a team of experts on speed dial. InStyle: Ultimate Beauty Secrets features chapters on Skin, Foundation & Concealer, Cheeks, Eyes, Lips, Nails and more—with insight for every skin type and tone.
• Celebrity Style: Get inspired by the looks of your favorite Hollywood stars—including Scarlett Johansson, Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow, Eva Mendes and Lucy Liu—as they share their most effective beauty tips
• Special Occasion Secrets: Look your absolute best at a holiday party, wedding or dinner date with surprising makeup ideas, so you’ll be gorgeous all night long
• Seasonal Tips: Learn how your makeup and beauty needs change month to month, and how you need to tweak your regimen to look fabulous every season
• Makeup Bag Multi-tasking: Pick up innovative tricks for your favorite products—such as how to use an eyeliner brush to precisely apply concealer, why sometimes lipstick used as blush is best and the best way to transform any dark powder shadow into a safe and mess-free liquid liner
• Q&As: Answers to InStyle readers’ burning beauty questions accompany each chapter
• Ultimate Beauty Secrets’ is Easy to Flip Through and Goes Everywhere: Stain-proof flexibind cover means you can open up to any page while doing your own makeup, plus it’s easy to carry size goes along with you everywhere
Some of my personal favorite tips are:
• Hanging a wet hand towel on the back of your hotel room doorknob to work as a humidifier from Dr. Nicholas V. Perricone.
• Creating a natural cheek color with definition by Bobbi Brown
• Step-by-step instructions for creating the perfect smokey eye
• How to apply liquid eyeliner if you have shaky hands (like me)
• Creating the perfect red lip
• An easy 3-step pedicure
• To use shimmery powder straight down the front and back of legs to make legs look extra svelte (genius) by makeup pro Linda Hay
• How and when to properly apply self tanner so you don't look ridiculous
I have been keeping this book by my makeup mirror and applying the tips. Some will be new to you and some you may already know, but could use a refresher…right?
-Lauren Dimet Waters
FTC Disclosure: Book Received for Review.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: beauty, beauty bible, beauty tips, body, book, book review, essential tips, Fragrance, how to, InStyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets, InStyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets: The Best Tips and Shortcuts to Create Your Perfect Look, Lauren Dimet Waters, makeup, nails, resource guide, skin, techniques, tricks