Many spend the winter months all bundled up and covered from the cold. I can not say that this isn’t a smart decision. And with all this blustery weather coupled with super busy days until the end of the holidays, it is easy to stress out about just everyday clothing. But my dream is to relive a time where the prints are bold and bright, the shades equal more than an ounce of fun and no one is afraid to use them. I want my prints back!
Granted, there are still many prints to wear at this time of year but they are so few and far between, you may forget they are around! You can always throw on a printed top now and again to spice things up. Just make sure you pair it with basic black pants or leggings as not to startle anyone!
It’s always nice to keep a fun jacket around. Make sure it’s something that you can wear both to work and out for a night on the town. That way you are getting the most mileage out of your clothing.
If you do want to get a bit crazy, throw on a pair of printed pants or a jumpsuit. It is definitely not for the shy or faint of heart, so make sure you want the attention when you wear them. Keep everything else subtle when wearing such a bold clothing ensemble. The last thing you want to look like is a walking pinata.
When all is said and done, wearing a bit of color in the wintertime is best for everyone. And with an affordable price point, a colorful print just might be the thing you need to liven up your day!
1. ASOS Swirl Print One Shoulder Dress $79.30
2. Alexander McQueen Tree Print Legging $635
3. Dion Lee Roschach Magyar Silk-Organza Dress $1080
4. Matthew Williamson Leopard-Print Silk Dress $1350
5. See by Chloe Intarsia Wool-Blend Pants $126
6. Alice by Temperley Tiger-Print Cotton Jumpsuit $118.50
7. Diane von Furstenberg Aline Jacket $695
8. Tucker for Target Signature Blouse in Floral Print $10.49
Image Layout: Rachel Gadson