Happy 2011! A new year means a “new you”… not so much becoming a whole new person but just tweaking a few things to make yourself just a bit more fabulous. This doesn’t have to mean an entire new wardrobe or even an new outfit. Maybe you just need one major piece to covet this year. Something that you know will last forever and can transform any outfit you already own! If you get an expensive piece, you know you will take the utmost care of it, therefore extending it’s lifespan. Plus, it’s always fun to be able to think of what you’ll be able to hand down to your future daughter…
Buying one luxury piece of clothing can help you feel so much sexier when you wear it. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a dress (even though that would be the easiest choice). You can opt for a chunky sweater that works three out of the four season, thereby getting the most bang for your buck. Or a luxurious coat that can be used as a lightweight coverup in spring. In the fall, you can put a sweater on underneath the coat to keep from getting cold.
Another simple way to spruce up those everyday outfits is just throwing on new accessories. Nothing screams “luxe” more quickly than by just switching handbags. You don’t have to get anything that shows logos, but you can keep the luxury just a bit more subtle by choosing handbags with high quality leathers. Statement necklaces are always a nice addition to any ensemble. They brighten up blah shirts and blouses in an instance.
And one one thing that every woman never gets tired of hearing: nothing makes an outfit like a hot pair of stilettos. Of course, a tall pair of shoes can transform any outfit from “everyday chic” to “temptress”. Just one little article of clothing or a major accessory can change your whole outlook on life. Here’s to a fabulous and stylish new year!
1. Chloe Strapless Silk-Blend Dress $1507.50
2. Stella McCartney Oversized Cotton-Blend Chunky-Knit Cardigan $1525
3. Gucci Cashmere, Silk and Wool-Blend Cardigan $1190
4. Valentino Macrame Border Macintonsh Coat $3960
5. McQ by Alexander McQueen Leather Glitter Blazer $749.94
6. Marc Jacobs Black Studded Leather ‘Wrath’ Chain Flap Bag $3280
7. Kenneth Jay Lane Gold and Crystal Statement Necklace $795.63
8. Brian Atwood Dante Fishnet Pumps $640
9. Prada Rectangular Cat’s Eye Sunglasses $205
10. Christian Louboutin Pigalle Point-Toe Flats $995