Last month Shopbop (one of our favorite online shopping destinations), launched a SEPHORA COLLECTION Palette Color Play 5 in 1 limited-edition makeup kit inspired by Shopbop’s forthcoming “Faces of Fashion” editorial look book.
The set includes five totally distinct color palettes, each with ten eye shadows, two lip colors, and one blush in color stories that correspond to five iconic figures in fashion. The palette also comes with a portable mirror compact so you can take your palette of the day with you! Genius.
Interchangeable color palettes include:
Here are some makeup tips for using the kit from Sephora PRO Artist, Julie Taing:
1. To create a quick, colorful smokey eye, apply the black matte shadow with a small shadow brush. Complete the fun, edgy look by putting any color of your choice on top.
2. Mix shimmer and matte shadows together to create dimension. Use the shimmer shadows towards the center of the eye and blend with matte shadows in the crease. Line the bottom lash line with a matte shadow for a more intense look.
3. Don't be scared to play with color! One easy trick is to apply a natural color (shades of brown or black) all over the top lid with a medium shadow brush, stopping at the crease. Then, line your bottom lash line with a fun, bold color that accents your eye color. Gold shades look great with blue eyes, purple with green eyes and green tones accent brown eyes perfectly.
4. For a fun spring look, try a bold lip. Apply a sparkling eye shadow with your favorite vivid lip color such as raspberry and complement with a soft, natural cheek color.
5. This spring is all about a fresh, natural look. Try keeping your eye shadows basic with eye enhancing colors such as soft blues, browns and green with a soft natural pink lip color. You can also try mixing the palette’s peach toned blushes together for a soft and sun-kissed look.
The kit retails for $30 ($125 value) which is a no-brainer considering the colors are fantastic and the best i have ever seen in any kit. Normally a palette like this overwhelms me and I wind up using maybe 20% of the colors. These are so fantastic I have been playing with them non-stop since I got mine. The Classics Never Die and Black is the New Black are my personal faves so far. Try it out and tell us your favorite palette!
Faces of Fashion Inspired Limited Edition 5 in 1 Color Palette, $30 ($125 value)
Click here to check out the The “Faces of Fashion” look book at Shopbop.
Sweepstakes! Better still, Shopbop and Sephora are also co-sponsoring a sweepstakes in conjunction with the launch of the palette. Until February 2, 2011, enter the Faces of Fashion sweepstakes where you will have a chance to win a year’s supply of makeup from Sephora and a $2500 shopping spree at Shopbop! Enter the Faces of Fashion Sweepstakes here!
– Lauren Dimet Waters
FTC Disclosure: Sample provided for review.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: beauty, Faces of Fashion Inspired Limited Edition 5 in 1 Color Palette, fashion, free stuff, Interchangeable color palettes, Lauren Dimet Waters, makeup, Sephora, Shopbop, Sweepstakes, The â€œFaces of Fashionâ€ look book