In honor of my February trip to an all-inclusive in Mexico, I’m dedicating this month’s indulgences to resort wear! Vacation dressing is all about light fabrics, vivid colors and cool accessories. Think flowy, flouncy and fluid. I’m going for effortless and breezy to set up the perfect tropical getaway.
1. While I wouldn’t don this swimsuit on the beach in Chicago, it screams resort, so sign me up!!
Victoria’s Secret Geometric Monokini $88
2. I like the idea of something simple and utilitarian over that sweltering suit. This light cotton cover-up will provide the most surprising unveiling!
ASOS Cotton Beach Shirt $34.48
3. Nothing says glamour at the beach (or swim-up bar!) like a big floppy hat, and the contrast trim on this one makes it feel really fresh.
Forever 21 Colorblock Floppy Hat $12.80
4. I recently went through my bathroom cabinet and tossed about 20 bottles of sunless tanner that I have abandoned since discovering this gem. It is hands down the most natural, streak-free fake (non)bake you’ve ever had.
St. Tropez Self Tanning Bronzing Lotion $30
5. Because vacation is all about comfort and easy glamour for me, I’m going to stick with an old favorite for a casual evening – a maxi dress in a tropical color.
Victoria’s Secret Halter Bra Top Maxi Dress $89
6. I’ll throw on these funky flats and stack a bundle of these bright bangles with some thin gold ones for a flash of glimmer while I wave down the bartender to order my mojito.
ASOS Frankie Suede Fringe Sandal $68.96
Forever 21 Vibrant Threaded Bangles $4.80
Let the countdown to my four day dose of Vitamin D begin!
Image Layout: Molly Murphy