5 Handbags On The Arms of Parisian Women
Walking down a street in Paris is a crash course in how to dress. For the cost of an espresso at a favorite cafÃ©, virtually anyone can learn how to be chic. And while endless articles have suggested, ad nauseum, how to emulate Parisian chic, (Buy a scarf! Don’t wear every trend at once! Less is more!) few actually reveal what bags can be seen on the streets. And certainly, there were many unidentifiable chic piece of arm candy floating about. But fear not. Heatherbelle caught a glimpse of some of the brands the natives were carrying…
1. YSL’s Muse Two. While few of these have been seen on the US scene, I saw many Parisian women (mainly on the Left Bank) carrying one on their forearm. I can’t believe I didn’t see more of the original Muse. Who knew?
YSL Muse Two starting at $1250
2. Gerard Darel. I am not kidding when I tell you that I saw so many of these that I thought a store might have just given them away. Insane. I swear there is a law that says there must be a Gerard Darel store be on every other corner.
3. Sonia Rykiel bags were everywhere as well, although mainly on the 20ish crowd.
4. I was surprised to see how much love the ladies had for Marc Jacobs. I seemed to see this bag, or its many variations quite a lot.
5. Oh dear. Yes, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that I saw actual Parisian women carrying LV bags! I must note that this is the first time I had seen so many. At first I thought I must just be seeing tourists that were carrying this staple. But after the 15th or so time, unfortunately, there weren’t many more excuses to be made.