Zara gave Second City Style a little preview of some of the upcoming fashion styles for the Spring and Summer season. The Zara on Michigan Avenue in Chicago is one of the largest Zara stores in the world and actually carries the best selection of all Zara stores.
Zara is a brand that really listens to the buying public. The brand takes advice and customer suggestions into consideration when creating a new line. When those suggestions are brought to headquarters and there is enough demand, Zara actually makes those pieces and puts them on the floor. The whole process only takes two weeks! Everything happens in real time.
This is the biggest year for accessories yet! Every girl loves a bauble or hot shoe that she can throw on with any outfit and makes the "every day" become "other-worldly". The store actually focuses on making each purse, shoe, hat and every other accessories to be able to go with almost every piece in the store. And they are strategically placed so that you are able to just pick up an outfit from one section without having to search the entire store.
There were a few standout collections for this season. One included the "Studio" collection, which focuses on old school glamour. White, fitted tuxedo jackets and matching pant bring an air of sophistication without the price tag. Make sure to take a look at this collection because this is only available in 50 stores around the world. There was also the "Vitamin C" collection. This used bright colors like orange and pink, as well as neutral beiges to be able to stand out without being overbearing on color overload. Another that is sure to be a big hit was the "Makeup" collection. It had a very 1950s, fitted flair with t-strap patent leather kitten heels, a-line skirts and neutrals mixed with touches of fire engine red and leathers.
I also got a few insider tips to keep in your back pocket when shopping:
- Tuesdays and Fridays are when the new shipments arrive. So, make sure you're there early on Wednesdays and Saturdays when they hit the sales floor.
- Though the site is product driven now, expect Zara to introduce e-commerce towards the end of the year.
- The average price point for all items is $39.90.
- The newest pieces are right in the front of the store. When you walk in, be sure to take a glance at the mannequins, those are the trends to keep an eye out for and you will see interspersed throughout the floor.
- If you see something you like, grab it! Most items are only sold in small bundles in one shipments and available once. If something it a hot enough seller, they might come back again but in limited supply. And even then, it could be before you realize it was available in-store. Items are usually on the floor for only two weeks, so make sure to act fast!
– Taneisha Jordan
Photos: Second City StyleSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40