I’m into the rocker-chic, leather/pleather gig, but as we transition into spring what can be a more delicate way to wear the harsh material? Help!
Dear Leather Lover,
This jagged textile has forever stamped our hearts with its edgy, I-don’t-give-a-hoot vibe and continues to do so this spring. As the weather changes, our dedication to rocking leather isn’t going anywhere. As I’m sure you got the jacket down to its core, find pleasure in a different form of leather: tops, vests, dresses and bottoms.
Play around with cuts and colors from standout neons to subtle hues with shorter hemlines. Another bonus, this look can easily transition from office and casual daywear to nightwear with an opaque pantyhose becoming the major outfit-changer.
Whether it’s the camel, mid-thigh light-stretch dress or the coral, silhouette-outlining mini, leather is continuing to excite the fashion cosmos, just louder, brighter and sexier than ever. Give your dark leather jackets a rest (but keep them close) and explore a new dose of medication for your leather fever!
1. Brunello Cucinelli Leather-Overlay Vest $2195
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Cropped Sweater & Laser-Cut Leather Shorts $795
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk & Leather One Shoulder Top $850
4. Elizabeth and James ‘Spring’ Leather Trim Blazer $565
5. Mackage Nahia Drape-Front Leather Jacket $650
6. Vince Leather Shift Dress $595
Image Layout: Molly Murphy
If you would like to submit a question, please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.