When it comes to lip color I am never one for fuss. The whole lip liner, lip stick and gloss combo is just way too much for my everyday liking. I have come to love anything that doesn’t require a mirror and steady balance. Which is why I really love matte lip color and lip stains. There was a point in time when I couldn’t imagine even buying a matte lipstick or lip stain, let alone wear it. I didn’t think they would do anything for me, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Since then I have tried many lip stains and have found they pack a punch of pigment (more than I ever thought) and they actually work! If you are one for a no fuss lip product that gives you a little color, and a polished finish, I have some of my favorite matte lipsticks, and lip stains that are must for anyone that wants something easy and light to toss in your purse.
1. Technically this is not a lip stain, but I was so impressed with this and for only a few bucks I couldn’t leave this one out. Wet N Wild’s Mega Last Lip Color is my new fave! If you have heard of Ruby Woo by MAC, Wet N Wild’s Red Velvet is almost an exact dupe. I couldn’t believe how pigmented the color was, and paired with a great lasting lip liner, the color really lasts forever on your lips. Okay maybe not forever, but long enough for a $3 dollar lip color.
Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color, $2.99 your local drugstore.
2. There is one product that NARS always gets right, and that is their lip colors. They have a gorgeous selection of richly pigmented colors that will make any woman look like a million bucks. And their Pure Matte Lip Colors are everything and more. These bright, bold, matte lip colors only come in 9 colors, but you are sure to find your perfect shade. I love that they are not drying like some matte lip colors, and that’s due to the infused Wild Mango Butter. The colors are gorgeous so I promise you will not be disappointed.
3. It’s bridal season and there is nothing I love more than a glowing bride. Which is why Benefit’s Posie Tint is on my list of favorite lip stains. This color is stunning and looks perfect on just about anyone. When you think of the ideal long lasting, stay put color for a bride, this is it. So, you are not a bride? That’s perfectly fine, this color works for anyone. Just the right color pink color that leaves a lasting color for hours. Definitely one for the collection that you should not be without.
Benefit Posie Tint, $28
4. What’s better than a product that you can use for dual purposes? That’s why I’m loving Stila’s Lip and Cheek Stain pens!. These universal colors are pretty, sheer and give just the right amount of color, plus they smell so yummy. The formula works as a blush and a lip tint that leaves a beautiful pop of color, perfect for summertime.
5. Nothing says sophistication like Givenchy and if you don’t want juIst your average lip stain Givenchy’s Lip Stainer is for your. Packaged in sleek black tubing, Givenchy’s lip stain is a highly pigmented, matte formula, that has long lasting staying power. Even though it only comes in two colors, they are neutral enough that they will work on just about anyone.
6. COVER GIRL’S Outlast Lip Stain was one of the first lip stains I tried, and I was immediatelyhooked. I loved the felt tip pen, and the ease of the application that delivered a very pigmented color. At first I thought it went on too dark, but I was pleasantly surprised with how toned down it became. It has the perfect amount of color. If we go back to our school days of filling in the colored lines, you cannot possibly go wrong with COVER GIRLS’ Lip Stain Pens.
COVER GIRL Outlast Lip Stain, $7.99
Image Layout: Molly Murphy
Tags: beauty blog, beauty expert, Beauty Magazine, Benefit .Posie Tint, Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain, fashion, Givenchy Printed Lips Tinted Look Lip Stainer, Kelley Epps Woods, Lip Stains, lipstick, Matte Lipsticks, Molly Murphy, Nars Pure Matte Lipstick, Second City Style, Stila Lip & Cheek Stain, style, Weblogs, Wet & Wild Mega Last Lip Color