So maybe you don’t need 7 bags this summer. Or maybe you own some of them already. We are just saying these are the 7 bags, or styles that will get you through the season in enviable form. Do you need all 7? Maybe, maybe not. Would we like all 7? You betcha!
1. The Structured Bag: Luckily if you invest in the right one this style will last you for years. I say go for the one you really want. Splurge. Right now for me, it’s Chloe. Or a Birkin, but I don’t see that happening any time soon. Unless I win the lottery or get reality famous.
Chloe Paraty Medium Leather Bag, $1,895
2. Clutch: You probably already own one or two as the clutch has been a necessity for several seasons. However, I am just dying over Alexander McQueen right now.
3. Cross-Body: I owned one in the 80’s another one in the 90’s and now the style is back. How can you resist a hands-free bag? I know I can’t. Luckily the sizes range from tiny to monstrous. You can’t get it wrong really.
4. Fringe Bag: After two seasons the fringe bag is obviously enduring. Would I spend a lot of money on this trend? No. Do I still want one? Yes, but I’m not willing to spend more than a few hundred on said trend.
5. The Raffia Bag: I love raffia or as my friend calls it, straw. Nothing says summer quite like it. This Miu Miu satchel makes my heart skip a beat. Miu Miu usually does.
6. Color Blocked Bag: This trend is hot, hot, hot for spring/summer 2011. So jump on the bandwagon and add some color to your life. Black is so boring.
7. Neon Market Tote: Speaking of color! This is probably the one bag you will wind up carrying all summer. Not just for the market, but as a beach bag or everyday bag. Just go for something bright!
Note: You may have noticed the backpack is missing from this list. That’s because I personally hate them. I think backpacks are meant for children. Period. To me they are like fanny packs. I just won’t go there.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image Layout: Molly MurphySee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Alexander McQueen Clutch, Antik Batik, Backpack, Chloe Paraty Medium Leather Bag, clutch, Color Blocked Bag, Cross-Body Bag, Fanny Pack, Fringe Bag, handbag trends, Jil Sander Market Leather Bag, Meredith Wendell Bucket Leather and Canvas Shoulder Bag, Mui Mui Leather-Trimmed Raffia Satchel, Neon Market Tote, Raffia Bag, Sara Berman Cross-Body Bag, spring 2011, Structured Bag