Not sure how this one got by us, but in last Saturday’s NY Times Cathy Horne reported that the chairman of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Bernard Arnault, declared Saturday disgraced designer John Galliano would not be working again for any of the luxury group’s brands, including the Galliano label…EVER. He disputed rumors that there had been informal conversations among LVMH executives about the possibility of Galliano returning to his label at some point.
“He will not be working for LVMH,” Mr. Arnault said after the Dior Homme show in Paris. Arnault added that after Galliano’s arrest and dismissal from Dior for anti-Semitic statements, “he didn’t have the simple politeness to contact me.” Ouch.
As we reported last week, Galliano told a Paris court that he had addictions to alcohol and prescription drugs and that he could not recall making the now famed anti-semitic slurs to a couple in a Paris cafe last February.
It looks like this relationship has been permanently severed. Galliano will have to go with Plan B, whatever that is.
Read “LVMH Chief Says Galliano Will Not Return” here.
Source: NY Times
Photo: Dailycaller.comSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40