Online media expert, peer, colleague and my friend Yuli Ziv has just published a book about what we do here at Second City Style on a daily basis. “Fashion 2.0: Blogging Your Way To The Front Row,” is a must-read if you are considering fashion blogging (or any blogging for that matter) and want to turn it into a profitable, full-time career. This is not Blogging 101, rather how to take an established site to the “next level.”
Ziv, whose Style Coalition network (of which Second City Style is a member) represents more than 50 top fashion and beauty bloggers in partnership with ELLE magazine, noted that while there are over 2 million active fashion and style blogs (2010) only a handful managed to translate it into a lucrative career.
This insider’s guide, an industry first, outlines the keys to online prosperity; filled with practical business advice, action driven exercises, helpful resources and inspirational chapters by top fashion bloggers including What I Wore, College Fashion, Gala Darling, Corporette…and your’s truly, Second City Style. I have to admit, we were quite flattered to be asked to participate.
Topics covered include how to:
• Brand yourself as a top blogger and sought-after influencer
• Build valuable relationships with PR companies and brands
• Secure invitations to important industry events
• Work with advertising networks
• Develop new revenue streams
• Land spokesperson deals and large scale sponsorships
• Position yourself at the forefront of the fashion blogosphere
Fashion 2.0: Blogging Your Way To The Front Row: The insider’s guide to turning your fashion blog into a profitable business and launching a new career is available at Amazon.com and select bookstores. Visit http://yuliziv.com for more information.
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40