With millions of cosmetics on the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the selections. Just go to the mall and you’ll find dozens of counters who all think their products are the best. In a sense, that’s what we love and are drawn to, but wouldn’t it be great to have a single product that works for any and everyone? Here are some of my favorite universal products that work for just about anyone and will be sure to take the guess-work out of finding the right products.
1. If you haven’t heard of NARS Orgasm you must live under a rock. This blush has been seen everywhere and on everyone and it’s for good reason. It is the perfect shade of pinky peach that looks good on the palest to darkest of skin. It compliments any other makeup you are wearing and gives a fresh, dewy and flushed look. You can’t go wrong with this blush, even if you hate blush.
2. Everyone who knows me knows I love a good gloss, and I’m up for trying any and everything new on the scene. So when Smashbox introduced O-Gloss, I just had to try it. One of the first of it’s kind, Smashbox’s O-Gloss was a sure-fire hit. The first gloss to react to your personal skin chemistry, it transforms to the perfect shade of pink tailored just for you. Infused with Goji Berry-C Complex, ginkgo biloba and pomegranate seed, this good for you gloss is a no fail!
3. Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Powder is one of the best selling powders on the market. It’s no wonder it’s always sold out when it’s time to repurchase it. Worth every penny, this super fine, translucent powder can be worn by anyone as it has little to no color, and never gives a powdery look. With a unique light- reflecting ingredients it creates a ‘soft-focus’ appearance to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and is the best at setting makeup. Used from everyday women, to brides, to actresses, it is one powder you never want to be without.
4. I can honestly say I can be a little skeptical with products that say they can be used by anyone, and IT Cosmetics Brow Power was no exception. Really, could blondes use the same brow pencil as someone with jet black hair? Well, according to IT Cosmetics, yes and I have to say I was proven wrong. This pencil looked just as good on my African American brows, as it did on my one of my Caucasian friends! The trick is in the stroke, lighter strokes for lighter hair and stronger strokes for darker hair. Everyone should own this pencil. Never worry about finding the perfect brow pencil again.
5. You always hear the question at the counter, “Can you recommend the perfect shadow?” or can “Can you recommend a shadow I can wear everyday?” Women are endlessly on the hunt for the perfect shadow. Well, I can honestly say, I have discovered one of the best all-around shadows that anyone can use. Stila Cosmetics, Kitten Eyeshadow is the perfect shimmery nude pink that compliments everyone’s skintone. With a little shimmer it brightens the eyes and can be used as a highlighter on other areas on the face. From brides to city workers it’s a gorgeous color.
6. I adore a good gloss and I absolutely fell head over heels over Clinique’s Black Honey Gloss. The name alone gives me goose bumps, but when I tried it, I thought it would be a dark, burgundy catastrophe, as it’s not one of the most flattering colors on me. But I was pleasantly surprised when it gave just the slightest hint of color that wasn’t too mauve or too burgundy. It looks slightly different on everyone, depending on lip tones and complexions, but it is perfect moisturizing gloss for day or night.
1. NARS Orgasm Blush, $27
2. Smashbox O-GLOSS, $22
3. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, $34
4. It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil, $24
5. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten, $18
6. Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss, $14
Image Layout: Molly MurphySee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss, It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, NARS Orgasm Blush, Six Best beauty products, Smashbox O-Gloss, Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten