Craving fall fashion yet? Here at Second City Style, we’re seeing spots! An iconic print of the ‘40s is in vogue once again – polka dots. This classic motif was spotted allover the runway at Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs and Lanvin just to name a few. My new mantra is don dots; dismiss stripes and plaids!
For just a fraction of the price you, too, can emulate the must-have-pattern for the upcoming season. Dive in and rock a bold polka dot dress for a retro, pin-up style, or work the trend with your staple pieces: pair a polka dot blouse with jeans, flats and a chic jacket for daytime.
If you’re a dare-devil, mix dots with prints such as leopard or floral for an eclectic vibe. Keep in mind your stature when selecting your polka dots: petite ladies should stick with smaller spots whereas taller gals can pull off substantial dots. I am already scouring shops for the perfect sheer blouse in this symmetrical print!
1. Sweet and sexy, these sheer tights are speckled to perfection! Sporting a subtle touch of this fall’s trend, comes off flawless whether edgy, classic, corporate or casual. The Limited Sheer Dot Tight, $12
2. Pitch your basic tee and make this your new go-to blouse! A simple style that flatters all shapes; team this top with denim and a pair of killer boots. I love streamlined pieces that easily intermix with the rest of my wardrobe. Old Navy Women’s Ruffle-Trim Gauze Shirts, $27
3. This dress is tres magnifique, selected by the one and only stylist to the stars, Rachel Zoe! As cocktail attire or a daytime frock – think bold red lips and a sweeping chignon – you’ll be oh so chic in this flirty look! MM Couture Polka Dot Dress, $88
4. Even bohemian girls can pull off the dot! This skirt serves as a wonderfully blank canvas complimenting any top. For a laid back look, try a loose blouse, lace up shoes, and top it off with an of-the-moment fedora. Madewell Scribble Dot Skirt, $68
5. What is there not to love about this ethereal, Grecian spotted number? This is how a polka dot can feel modern and exciting! An empire sash creates an instant focal point. Topped with a draped bodice starkly juxtaposed by a strong geometrical shoulder, this is one unique piece. Jessica Simpson Sleeveless One Shoulder Polka Dot Printed Cocktail Dress, $138
6. Tailored men shorts get the ultimate feminine twist with these pretty polka dots. Upscale your shorts collection with patterns and pleats with this surprisingly wearable style. J. Crew Ink-Dot Chino Short, $65
Runway Image: runwaydaily.com
Image Layout: Elise Ford
See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Fall 2011 Trends, Finds on a Dime, J. Crew Ink-Dot Chino Short, Jessica Simpson Sleeveless One Shoulder Polka Dot Printed Cocktail Dress, Madewell Scribble Dot Skirt, MM Couture Polka Dot Dress, Old Navy Women's Ruffle-Trim Gauze Shirts, Polka-dots, The Limited Sheer Dot Tight